[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2021 - Community Bonding Report - VRP functionality with VROOM on the database for pgRouting

Ashish Kumar ashishkr23438 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:28:34 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

This is my report for the Community Bonding Period, in which I enlist the
tasks I fulfilled during the bonding period.

Any feedback, comments, and suggestions are welcome.

*Community Bonding Report (May 17th - June 6th)*

I performed the following tasks during the Community Bonding Period:

   - Introduced myself and my project in the soc mailing list [1] as well
   as the pgrouting-dev mailing list [2], and requested feedback or
   suggestions on the project.
   - Added the links to the wiki page and the public repository in the
   OSGeo Accepted Students' wiki page [3].
   - Created my GSoC project wiki page in the pgrouting repository, where I
   will be regularly updating the weekly reports [4].
   - Studied Google's GSoC students guide and the OSGeo's specific
   instructions.
   - Revised the pgRouting’s development style, documentation, expected
   coding, testing standards, etc.
   - Got familiar with the VROOM [5] and its codebase. Also, built VROOM
   locally, tested it using the sample queries, and tried to call the VROOM
   functions using C++ via libvroom.
   - Met with the mentors and the core developer of VROOM, to discuss more
   on the project, the VROOM and its terminologies.
   - Created a new branch named ashish-2021 [6] in the GSoC-pgRouting
   repository, where I will be merging weekly pull requests.
   - Merged the first pull request in the Bonding Period, consisting of the
   proposed documentation of vrp_vroom. The merged pull request can be found
   in [7]
   - Details can be found in [8]

*What did I plan to do the next week?*

   - Start coding my function vrp_vroom.
   - Create a basic skeleton for C, C++, SQL code, and for documentation
   and tests.
   - Read the data from PostgreSQL and transform it to a suitable form, to
   create a basic skeleton for calling the VROOM functions.

*Am I blocked on anything?*

   - No, currently I don't have any blocking issue.

The wiki page can be found in [9]
The repository can be found in [10]

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2021-May/004666.html
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2021-May/002194.html