[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2022 - Community Bonding Period Report : Implement Cuthill-Mckee Ordering Algorithm

shobhit chaurasia 000shobhitchaurasia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 08:32:13 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,
This mail serves as the report for the Community Bonding Period from May
20th to June 12th. It consists of the work I have done during this period.

I have done the following during the community bonding period.

   - Introduced myself and my project to the community mailing lists [1]
   and [2].
   - Updated the OSGeo Accepted Students wiki page [3].
   - Created a public repository [4], where I will be contributing in this
   GSoC period.
   - Created a wiki page [5], where I will update my weekly work and report.
   - Studied GSoC students guide and the OSGeo's specific recommendations
   for students.
   - Participated in an introduction meeting with the mentors where I got
   to know how to create the branch in which I will be working on the coding
   period, the file structure and QGIS.
   - Understood the coding style and development style of pgRouting.
   - The meeting report is documented here [6].

   *Am I blocked on anything?*
   - Yes, Due to my end-semester examinations, I will do my major tasks of
      the first week from the second week onwards.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2022-May/004855.html
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2022-May/002248.html
[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2022_Accepted
[4] https://github.com/shobhit162/GSoC-pgRouting
[5]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2022-Implement-Cuthill-Mckee-Ordering-Algorithm-for-pgRouting-by-the-Boost-Graph-Library
[6]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2022-Implement-Cuthill-Mckee-Ordering-Algorithm-for-pgRouting-by-the-Boost-Graph-Library#meeting-discussions

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Shobhit Chaurasia