[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting version 3.5.0 release

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Mon Mar 13 14:43:36 PDT 2023

Hello all,

Last changes done on the repository because of the 3.5.0 release.

branch
branch main: has been pumped up to 3.5.1 ready to have internal code
improvements and or bug fixes and/or documentation improvements. for bug
fixes, the release will be made ASAp, otherwise we will wait a little to
see if some code improvements and/or documentation improvements show up.
branch develop: has been pumped up to 3.6.0 ready to forward port changes
on branch main and/or add new functionality
branch dev-4.0: is ready to forward port changes on branch develop, it
already has changes happening
If you make a PR to main, that is, there is no new functionality (see
above), please also make a PR to develop

On main & develop: when possible: PR will be squashed. (weblate's PR are
rebased)
GSoC participant's PR (on develop): will be rebased.

Changes from develop into dev-4.0 will be capture manually, by rebasing
develop and fixing conflicts, so please do not make a PR to dev-4.0 unless
is an actual change on 4.0

Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 10:53 AM Rajat Shinde <rajatshinde2303 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Great news! Thanks, Ashish and the pgRouting team.
>
> Best regards,
> Rajat
>

> On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 11:37 PM Vicky Vergara <vicky at erosion.dev> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ashish
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 10:57 PM Ashish Kumar <ashishkr23438 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello pgRouting community,
>>>
>>> The pgRouting Team is pleased to announce the release of pgRouting
>>> version 3.5.0
>>> The latest release is available at [1]
>>> For discussions on the release, go to [2]
>>>
>>> To see all issues & pull requests closed by this release, see the Git
>>> closed milestone for 3.5.0 on Github. [3]
>>>
>>> *Official functions changes*
>>>
>>>    - Dijkstra
>>>       - Standarizing output columns to |short-generic-result|
>>>          - pgr_dijkstra (One to One) added start_vid and end_vid
>>>          columns.
>>>          - pgr_dijkstra (One to Many) added end_vid column.
>>>          - pgr_dijkstra (Many to One) added start_vid column.
>>>

>>> *To update your database*
>>>
>>> Download the packaged version from your operating system, and use this
>>> command in the database:
>>> ALTER EXTENSION pgrouting UPDATE TO "3.5.0";
>>>
>>> [1]. https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/releases/latest
>>> [2]. https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/discussions/2483
>>> [3].