[pgrouting-users] Need updated demo

Daniel Kastl kastl at orkney.co.jp
Sun Aug 2 19:54:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

The 2008 workshop took Mapfish framework for the demo, so I also think
that the 2007 workshop suits better.

The problem of this workshop is, that it was made before OpenLayers 2.5
was released, and we took a modified sandbox version to make it work
with Google as a background map.

Because this caused some troubles with newer version of OpenLayers, Kai
Behncke made it work with newer OpenLayers and added some wiki pages:
http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/WorkshopOL2.7andOSM (with downloadable
files http://www.kneipenculture.de/ol_osm_routing.zip)

There is no need to download the VMware images. This is for those who
don't want to compile pgRouting themselves. Usually all you need is
Apache with PHP and PostgreSQL/PostGIS/pgRouting.

If you don't care about an old version of OpenLayers you can also follow
these steps and copy paste the HTML/PHP from the wiki:
http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/WorkshopFOSS4G2007, or just take the
code from here: http://files.postlbs.org/foss4g2007/W-12/foss4g_w12/

Hope that helps.
I know we should clean these demos up a bit.

Daniel