[pgrouting-users] Was: [RouterGeocoder] Re: Google Summer of Code for the router project

Daniel Kastl orkney at gmx.de
Fri Mar 27 20:21:12 EDT 2009

Hi Steve,

I forgot to mention that the wiki page is already there:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OpenRouter_2009_SOC_Ideas
I made a quick summary and will probably add a bit more explanation later.

> I think the wiki page should be put up and the discussion can happen in
> parallel. If more ideas come up then we can capture them on the wiki
> page. To the extent that we discuss technical implementation issues, I
> think we should capture them on pgRouting wiki or somewhere so we can
> com back to them in the future and if/when we have a student working on
> a project they can review and benefit from the discussion.

I agree. Good idea.

> A few more ideas:
>
> - the current turn restricts really need to be reworked to be useful,
> Anton and I discussed this and I think we have a much better model in mind
> - Traffic avoidance using Navteq LINK_IDs that are offered with must
> traffic traffic feeds.
> - Improved support for Navteq data loading

About the support for other data sources I also thought about. The OSM import needs some review, too. Here in Japan we don't have Navteq  nore TeleAtlas, so I just added OSM support so far.

Other ideas are good. Do you want to add them yourself?

Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a