[pgrouting-users] assign_vertex_id missing

flavio rigolon flavio.rigolon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 03:02:12 EST 2009

Hi list,
 this is my first post in this ml: sorry in advance for the newbye question.
I'm running on Debian (Lenny) and following this instructions (
http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/1.x/MakeDebPackage ) I installed the
package "postgresql-8.3-pgrouting".

Then I create a db with spatial extension (lwpostgis.sql and
spatial_ref_sys.sql) and then with pgrouting extension (routing_core.sql and
routing_core_wrappers.sql). All fine.
After importing data (via shp2pgsql) I try to create topology with the
"assign_vertex_id" function but I get this:

"ERROR:  function assign_vertex_id(unknown, numeric, unknown, unknown) does
not exist"

Infact, browsing the database via pgadmin3, I cannot see this function.

Is this function deprecated? Or the debian installer missing it? Is there
another way to build the topology?

Thanks in advance for any hints

ciao
flavio