[pgrouting-users] Direction for path

poonam jalwan poonam.jalwan at orkash.com
Wed Oct 14 05:43:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

Can u explain me how u implement  direction of shortest path in
application.What is minimum requirement of data.

like my data structure is  :-

CREATE TABLE india_roads
(
  gid serial NOT NULL,
  med_descri character varying(254),
  rtt_descri character varying(254),
  f_code_des character varying(10),
  iso character varying(7),
  isocountry character varying(54),
  the_geom geometry,
  source integer,
  target integer,
  length double precision,
  "cost" double precision,
  id integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('india_roads_gid_seq'::regclass),
  CONSTRAINT india_roads_pkey PRIMARY KEY (gid),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_the_geom CHECK (ndims(the_geom) = 2),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_the_geom CHECK (geometrytype(the_geom) =
'MULTILINESTRING'::text OR    the_geom IS NULL),
  CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_the_geom CHECK (srid(the_geom) = 4326)
)
WITH (OIDS=FALSE);
ALTER TABLE india_roads OWNER TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE india_roads TO postgres;
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE india_roads TO public;

Finding direction of shortest path is possible on my dataset..

Thanks
Poonam