[pgrouting-users] Shortest Route Search Not Working

Dan Putler putler at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 13:39:32 EDT 2010

Hi Daniel,

To follow on Yasir's comments in terms of routing results, I've been working with a simple example data set where the distance and travel time results are likely to be different (really there are several equally good routes based on distance, but a unique route based on travel time, but with the "length" field in the database reflecting travel time along an edge). When doing the routing based on travel time I get the correct solution using the Dijkstra algorithm, but an incorrect result using the A* and Shooting Star algorithms. The nature of the errors I'm getting would be consistent with what Yasir is finding. I'd be glad to send you both the network data and my test queries. I'm running on 64bit Ubuntu 10.04 using the Ubuntu repository version of PostgreSQL (8.4.4), PostGIS 1.5.1, and built pgRouting from the subversion repository on Tuesday.

Dan