[pgrouting-users] Preferred version

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Oct 18 11:04:35 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

> >My personal opinion on this:
> >
> >   - move to GIt (because I'm not sure this SVN migration will ever
> >happen)
> >   - take the current SVN version as a new release without any special
> >   testing (it has been tested for months already IMO)
> >   - do it more properly for further releases
> >

> Ooops, my fault. I've forgot about the move from SVN to Git. Is
> http://github.com/pgRouting/package-pgrouting the right URL for my
> purpose? And is the current Git version considered more stable then the
> version in SVN?

Maybe my previous sentence wasn't clear. There is no move to Git.
The repository there was a test to see if I can keep changes for packaging
in Git as I read in some interesting article. I thought it could be
convenient, but didn't work.
The source code there is the same as in SVN, which is the main repository.
The only change is made in the Debian folder, which actually shouldn't be
part of the source code (as it is at the moment in SVN).

So in short, the Git repository was made for packaging and could be out of
date.
But personally I think there would be some advantage using Git, which I
wanted to say in my previous mail.

> >Anyone else any opinion on this?
>
> Could you mention Git on
> http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/wiki/pgRoutingDownload and make clear that
> development is happening on Git, nowadays.

Since this didn't succeed and is not supposed to be official so far I
haven't added it yet.

Daniel