[pgrouting-users] Problem with long edges

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Oct 27 21:52:26 EDT 2010

Hi Julien,

It is Shooting Star, that takes line segments as start and end point.
Dijkstra and A* route from vertex to vertex.
Indeed your example might lead to the wrong result, if two line segments
have the same start and end point. You could split one of them into two
segments, but Shooting Star would be the easier solution.

Btw., if you have really long loops like the one of your screenshot, you
need to take care not to make the bounding box too small, when you select
just a part of your network.

Daniel

2010/10/28 Julien-Samuel Lacroix <jlacroix at mapgears.com>

> Hi,
>
> I use shortest_path_astar() to do the routing in my application. If I
> understand correctly, this mean that I can do routing from one line segment
> to another line segment.
>
> I have a problem with line segment that are big loops (see attached image).
> In my example, the green and red points are my start and end point. Ideally
> I would like to pass through 95-29, but both points are on edge 95-28. If I
> understand correctly, I can't use shortest_path_astar(). Right?
>
> Any idea to make this work?
>
> Best regards,
> Julien
>
> --