[pgrouting-users] Problem with dijkstra_sp:

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Apr 27 09:24:04 EDT 2011

2011/4/27 Maria Battarra <maria.battarra at gmail.com>

> Great! After playing a little.. I made it work J Many thanks..
>
> Next I need to figure out:
>
> 1)     How to compute the distance associated to the shortest path (is it
> ok if I define in the table dijsktra_result a new column “length” and I use
> the function “UPDATE edges SET length = length(the_geom);”?)
>
> 2)     Visualize the indexes of the origin and destinations in the map (so
> as I can compute shortest paths from known origins and destinations)
>
> 3)     Arrange everything in a two “for cycles” so to come out with an
> origin destination matrix..

Maybe you want to look at the workshop once: http://workshop.pgrouting.org
It will answer the most common questions.

If you need a distance matrix, you could try APSP (All-pair-shortest-path)
algorithm, that Jay developed a few weeks ago. It's currently in the
pgRouting fork of his Github account. But you probably better don't try this
on Windows, because compiling pgRouting on Windows isn't trivial task.

Daniel

I hope I will manage..Suggestions?

> Thanks a lot, you really helped me a lot!
>
> Maria

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de