[pgrouting-users] about use of navteq data

Emre Koc emrekoch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 04:31:45 EST 2011

Hello,

I am new to pgRouting and trying to figure out how to use it with navteq
data. I used pgRouting with osm data and it worked perfect but for navteq
data i tried to use ref_in_id and nref_in_id but it turned out that
pgRouting found the path very slow when I used these for source and target.
How can I calculate a correct topology for pgRouting by taking z levels into
consideration ? Shall define geometry as 3D with z levels embedded or is it
possible to use 2d multilinestring with additional z level column ?

Since I am new to pgRouting these questions are very hard for me to solve,
but after I figure out how to use pgRouting I would be more than happy to
contribute to project.

Thanks in advance,

Emre