[pgrouting-users] about use of navteq data

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Jan 7 04:39:54 EST 2011

Hello Emre,

I'm not sure exactly about the ID's of Navteq data. It's too long ago that I
have used it.
But it's better to have ID's starting with 1 and to keep them low. This
might be the reason why it's slow.

So you could create two new columns and renumber ID's. You don't have to run
topology function.

Daniel

2011/1/7 Emre Koc <emrekoch at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I am new to pgRouting and trying to figure out how to use it with navteq
> data. I used pgRouting with osm data and it worked perfect but for navteq
> data i tried to use ref_in_id and nref_in_id but it turned out that
> pgRouting found the path very slow when I used these for source and target.
> How can I calculate a correct topology for pgRouting by taking z levels into
> consideration ? Shall define geometry as 3D with z levels embedded or is it
> possible to use 2d multilinestring with additional z level column ?
>
> Since I am new to pgRouting these questions are very hard for me to solve,
> but after I figure out how to use pgRouting I would be more than happy to
> contribute to project.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Emre

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan