[pgrouting-users] TSP and how to contribute

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Jan 14 03:15:11 EST 2011

2011/1/14 Emre Koc <emrekoch at gmail.com>

> Sure
>
> Here is my sql query for that image.
>
> SELECT edges.gid, ST_AsText(edges.the_geom) AS geotext,
>                  edges.ft_minutes,
>  edges.meters
> FROM edges,
> (SELECT edge_id, cost FROM driving_distance('SELECT gid as id,
>  source::integer,
>  target::integer,
>          meters::double precision as cost
>  FROM edges', $startVertexID, $cost,false,false)
> )  as rt
> WHERE edges.gid=rt.edge_id;";
>
> I just give a sample vertex id and a cost value in meters and got resulting
> edges. Normally when I find shortest paths all roads are connected so the
> graph is ok. But this driving directions does not output connected roads,
> thats the thing I do not understand.

Driving distance returns you all the vertices you can reach from a start
point to within what you have defined as the maximum costs.
I think you're looking for another query (Dijkstra, A-Star, Shooting Star).

The edge column in driving distance doesn't return a "useful" result as I
just answered the day before in this message:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-users/2011-January/000474.html

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de