[pgrouting-users] Question about driving directions

John Williams jdwilliams1982 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:50:24 EDT 2011

I'm trying to implement text-based driving directions in PHP and I've run
into a little issue. I've read online that you have to check each segment as
you loop through them and make sure the endpoints are lined up with the
direction that you're traveling, but I'm still confused on how to do this.
Right now I'm pulling source and target from the ways table. Then, if the
current segment's target does not equal the next segment's source I flip the
lat/lon values. Can anyone give me a simplified explanation of how to go
about doing this? Thanks...