[pgrouting-users] Traveling salesman problem on contour maps

Dave Potts dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Thu Aug 2 03:19:36 PDT 2012

Hi

I have a mapping project that generates a series of unit areas that refect
the area its possible to travel from a fixed starting point. It look like
a series of contour rings with the starting point being in the centre.

The walker has to move from the centre to the outer most edge by a series
of way points.   Can anybody think of an easy way to change the contour
rings on to a form suitable for the travel sales pg route function.

My current idea is to divide each contour ring in to a series of points
and then link from one ring to the next.  I should end up with a series of
tree like objects with the centre note being the root, the leafs being
points on the outer contour and the branches reflecting the journey
between the different contours.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Dave.