[pgrouting-users] shootingstar_sp broken ?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 3 10:04:54 EST 2012

On 2/3/2012 4:34 AM, Dave Potts wrote:
> How is shootingstar_sp() function  broken?

ShootingStar has some tickets open against it, but as I remember:

1. it does not honor oneway roads
2. it does not honor some turn restrictions

As best as I can tell, v1.02 was the last working version and it had
some minor bug and attempts to fix it in v1.03 and v1.05 created other
problems. Also it is currently 3-4 times slower than dijkstra or AStar.
The only real value that it has is that it supports turn restrictions.
If you have to have turn restrictions, the is some new code that was
just developed and not released yet, but is in git as trsp branch that
supports turn restrictions. It si not documented, read the list
archives, I have explained how to use it, if you get stuck ask. That
said, it provides NO value above Dijkstra and Astar it you do NOT need
turn restrictions. I will also note the the trsp cose will likely
undergo another change before it is released.

-Steve