[pgrouting-users] shootingstar_sp broken ?

Max Weninger max.weninger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:15:40 EST 2012

Hi

On Fri, 03 Feb 2012 10:04:54 -0500
Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

> On 2/3/2012 4:34 AM, Dave Potts wrote:
> > How is shootingstar_sp() function  broken?
>
> ShootingStar has some tickets open against it, but as I remember:
>
> 1. it does not honor oneway roads
> 2. it does not honor some turn restrictions

Unfortunately this is correct
You can "solve" Nr 1 by using an "older" version
or merge the part into the actual version. The "fix" is only
a few lines where the graph edges are added.

But Nr 2 is harder to "fix"
I tried some time to find the "bug" but gave up also because the
code is really hard to understand :( I would suggest that you use the
"new" trsp algorithm if you need "turn restrictions"

Regards

max