[pgrouting-users] Importing for multimodal routes

Javier Mr javiersdevmail at ymail.com
Thu Feb 9 11:00:12 EST 2012

Hi,

i'm planning to use pgRouting for multimodal routing. I know there is a branch of pgRouting for MMPTR, but until i gather more information about it i'm trying to avoid it.

What i'm planning is to make several graph, each one for each type of vehicle, pedestrians, bikes, etc... and each line of bus, train, subway, etc... Then connect this graphs by making edeges from, for example, a bus station to the closest pedestrian edege with length of 0. This way i would have a big state set for the A* algorithm that should perform multimodal planing. Is there a reason why this shoulnd't be done?

I have some doubts about how osm2pgrouting woks. I have seen that OSM is capable of storing all this things, but i don't know if osm2pgrouting import all that into the DB, does it?.

There are some libraries that work with OSM XML format, any in particular that you recomend?

Best regards.
Javi