[pgrouting-users] Problem with way restrictions in shooting star if you have more then one rule for an edge

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jan 11 11:28:38 EST 2012

On 1/11/2012 11:06 AM, Max Weninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your replay
>
> I just confirmed that the "order" is indeed the problem
> by creating a "hacked" version that changes the order "on the fly" :)

What are you referring to with respect to "order"?
The order of the edge_ids in the rules? or something else?

Regarding shooting star, there are definitely bugs in the current code
so I would recommend that people test their use cases before relying on
it or just avoid it until we can sort our what the issues are.

> I will take a look at the "new" code asap :)
>
> BTW: just about "speed". I tried some different graph based
> routing "solutions" now. By far the fastest was one based on the
> igraph package. http://igraph.sourceforge.net/index.html

Thanks, I will look at this. I'm always interested in what other people
are doing for routing.

> The problem is that it is "just" a "static" Dijkstra
> without any support for turn restrictions which is
> definitly a "must" for me as the "final" goal

This is exactly why the new code was developed. It is going into a
production web site that is targeted at routing for trucks and trucks
typically have more restrictions the cars because of things like low
bridges, weight restrictions, width restrictions, low maneuverability
areas, tight turns, legal restrictions, etc, etc.

Also the trsp code is Boost free so it might be a little easier to
follow how it works if you plan to dig into the guts of it. ;-)

Regards,
   -Steve