[pgrouting-users] assign_vertex_id error

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:01:54 PDT 2012

Hey Annu,

Something like:

UPDATE table SET the_geom=ST_SetSRID(the_geom, 4326);

Though I sometimes find this troublesome and find it easier just to
create a new column, and then populate it with the data. Something
like:

SELECT AddGeometryColumn ('table_name','new_geom', 4326,'POINT',2);

Then populate it by doing:

UPDATE table_name
SET new_geom = the_geom;

Hope this helps. I'm not an expert at all - somebody else may have a
better solution.

James