[pgrouting-users] assign_vertex_id error

Annu Anurag i.skidoosh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:45:35 PDT 2012

Sorry Steve sir. But I tried the DROP CONSTRAINT command like you wrote.
But its not working. I got the same error.

VSDelhidb=# SELECT assign_vertex_id('roads_line', 0.0002, 'the_geom',
'gid');
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vertices_tmp_id_seq"
for serial column "vertices_tmp.id"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp (id serial)"
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 15 at EXECUTE statement
ERROR:  new row for relation "vertices_tmp" violates check constraint
"enforce_srid_the_geom"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO vertices_tmp(the_geom) VALUES
(SetSRID(p,_srid))"
PL/pgSQL function "point_to_id" line 26 at SQL statement
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 33 at assignment

It says new row for relation "vertices_tmp" violates check constraint.
Could it be that this constraint is derived or inherited from somewhere?