[pgrouting-users] assign_vertex_id error

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Jun 12 08:15:22 PDT 2012

I wasn't able to follow the whole discussion, but you need to make sure
that your "geometry column" (often named "the_geom") contains only valid
geometries and that it has a correct SRID (not -1).

Usually you get everything done correctly when you run the PostGIS function
"AddGeometryColumn". So you could create a second geometry column, then
update it using the values from your existing geometry. By explicitly
specifying the SRID in the update query you shouldn't get an error.
Then you can use the new geometry column for the assign_vertex_id function.

In case your network data has errors, you need to fix them first. Have you
tried to load the network data table in QGIS for example?

Daniel

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Annu Anurag <i.skidoosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> But sir, I haven't specified anywhere that the column would have point
> values. And the constraint of srid has been dropped. I've only followed the
> tutorial and done these three things.
>
> Created a column called, "source" in roads_line
>
> Created a column called, "target" in roads_line
>
> and tried to run assign_vertex_id.
>
> I haven't made any explicit mention of the new column to have to contain
> point data.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de