[pgrouting-users] osm2pgrouting oneway misreading

Sylvain Housseman hsylvio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:44:10 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I think that something is wrong with osm2pgrouting:

The code (Export2DB.cpp, called by osm2pgrouting.cpp) writes :

         if(way->oneway)
             row_data += TO_STR(way->length*1000000);
         else
             row_data += TO_STR(way->length);

(this row_data will be the reverse_cost value)
but after exporting france.osm I unfortunately observe that this
condition never seems to be met:

  franceRouting=> select count (*) from ways where reverse_cost <> length;
  count
  -------
       0
  (1 row)

So I guess that the condition (way->oneway) is not appropriated...
Does any version deal with this problem (or did I forget something when
launching osm2pgrouting)?

Thanks again for these great tools;
HSylvio.

BTW, the osm wiki page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:oneway)
explains that
"Some tags (such as junction
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:junction>=roundabout
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:junction%3Droundabout>, highway
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:highway>=motorway
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dmotorway> and others)
imply *oneway*=yes. You don't need to add a oneway tag

    Values

  * *oneway*=yes (discouraged alternative: "true", "1")
  * *oneway*=no (discouraged alternative: "false", "0")
  * *oneway*=-1 (discouraged alternative: "reverse")

"

I did not understand yet how the XMLParser works, but could the problem
be solved by changing the type of "bool oneway" to a string or char[?]
in the "Way" class?
Best,
HSylvio.