[pgrouting-users] Rewrite of one of the TSP functions, updated tests and docs, closing ...

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Jul 12 05:29:41 PDT 2013

https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/127
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/156

http://imaptools.com:8081/pgr2-doc/src/tsp/doc/index.html

> If work is being done on the TSP interface, it would be nice if distance
> matrix version
>
> 1 Returned a defined data results, something like pgr_costResult instead
> of just a list
> 2. Return the cost between nodes

The new functions does this:
pgr_costResult[] pgr_tsp(sql text, start_id integer);
pgr_costResult[] pgr_tsp(sql text, start_id integer, end_id integer);

Look at the plpgsql for this, it is not trivial to manage renumbering of
ids to indexes and back again. I'll take another look at the tsp matrix
function.

-Steve