[pgrouting-users] pgr-2.0 Status update

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Jun 9 21:00:26 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I want to do an update on the status of pgRouting 2.0 release. As you
might know we are in an alpha release state and things are looking
pretty good.

Daniel has done an awesome job on the docs:

http://docs.pgrouting.org/dev/doc/index.html

And he has created a Travis constant integration test instance. For
those that are not familiar this is a server and every time we checking
code to the develop branch it gets an automated message and pulls the
code from git and builds and test pgrouting against all these configuration:

POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.0 POSTGIS_VERSION=1.5
POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.1 POSTGIS_VERSION=1.5
POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.1 POSTGIS_VERSION=2.0
POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.2 POSTGIS_VERSION=2.0
POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.1 POSTGIS_VERSION=2.1
POSTGRESQL_VERSION=9.2 POSTGIS_VERSION=2.1

And in addition to the we also have a Windows build-bot that does
something similar for the windows platform.

http://postgis.net/windows_downloads

I spent much of the weekend sorting through getting the tests to work as
best as I can on the above configuration. Now that I have the test
running, I can see that we have some issues with postgis 1.5, I fixed
some issues we had on pg9.0 and pg9.1. So at this point pg 9.1 and 9.2
work pretty well with postgis 2.0 and 2.1.

I have cleared out almost all the bugs. We push a few of the pgrouting
2.1 (aka future) release. there are current 9 Open against 2.0 and I
will probably fix 2 more of them, #104 and see if I can deal with #117
which is a catch-all for the postgis 1.5 issues.

After that we will probably go to beta1. We really need people to start
working with this code. I realize that this is not easy for everyone or
even anyone because it is not backwards compatible drop in replacement.

If you find bugs please let us know, in fact if you can make the time to
build and test it please report that you have and what OS, Pg version,
postgis version, and any details of what you have tried.

We really need the community to step up and do some testing here.

Thanks,