[pgrouting-users] PGRouting and Postgresql 9.2

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Mar 4 21:51:47 PST 2013

On 3/5/2013 12:15 AM, Pieter du Plooy wrote:
> Stephen
>
> I essentially took the pgrouting4w-master from
> https://github.com/sanak/pgrouting4w, and followed the guide from the
> Build.mingw file.  I had problems building boost, but followed
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5299468/unable-to-build-boost-libraries-with-gcc
> to build bjam and then boost.
>
> I am attaching an winrar file with the dll's as well as the sql files
> which I modified according to Linux procedures as Postgres 9.2 uses
> LANGUAGE 'c' instead of LANGUAGE  'C' .

Pieter,

Thank you for this it will save me a bunch of time once I tackle this.

> I would also like the ability to have pgrouting to be installed as
> Postgres 9.2 extensions in stead of doing a psql -f on all the sql
> files, but I didnt know how to do that, otherwise I also would have done
> that.

I have built an extension for some other code, and it is high on my list
to get extensions working for pgRouting.

> I personally feel the hassles building  a 64 bit version outweighs the
> pro's but that's just me.

I have gone through the process of building postgis on windows 64 bit
and it is a bit tedious. I'm hoping that we can get this automated in
the future, but we have a lot of other stuff to work on first.

Best regards,
   -Steve