[pgrouting-users] ERROR: function startpoint(geometry) does not exist

maruf rahman maruf.csdu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:12:18 PDT 2013

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. I have executed the legacy.sql. Now I am
getting the following error.
Could anyone describe the workaround of this issue?

pgrouting-workshop=# SELECT assign_vertex_id('ways', 0.00001, 'the_geom',
'gid');
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "vertices_tmp_id_seq"
for serial column "vertices_tmp.id"
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "CREATE TABLE vertices_tmp (id serial)"
PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 15 at EXECUTE statement
ERROR:  query string argument of EXECUTE is null
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "assign_vertex_id" line 36 at EXECUTE statement
pgrouting-workshop=#

Thanks
Maruf