[pgrouting-users] Migration Guide from v1 to v2

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Nov 25 03:29:16 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Javier Mr <javiersdevmail at ymail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application that uses pgRouting v1. I was wondering if it is
> possible to easily migrate from version 1 to version 2 of pgRouting. I
> noticed that the pgRouting v2 announcement stated that v2 is not baskwards
> compatible, is there any guide / list of steps to get it working using v2.

No there is no migration guide.
Anyone, who wants to contribute one is welcome. ;-)

> I already have postgres 9.3, postgis2.1 and pgrouting 2.0 installed (the
> ones available in the Ubuntu 14.04 repositories).

Really is there already pgRouting for 14.04?

> I'm reading the documentation for 2.0 and will read the workshop, but it
> does not look like there is a migration chapter.
>
> Wrapping up, is there (or will be) any migration guide?

A few hints maybe:

   - If you only used "core" functions of Dijkstra or A* you should be OK
   to change the function name and make small modifications as the column
   names of the result are slightly different.
   - If you used Shooting Star algorithm, then you need to look at TRSP,
   because Shooting Star was removed
   - If you used wrapper functions, then you now need to write them
   yourself.

Best,
Daniel

> Regards.