[pgrouting-users] Questions on osm2pgrouting

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 02:58:09 PST 2013

Dear all,

I've been importing large OSM datasets with osm2pgrouting. The tool works
quite well, but I have a few doubts:

. *What is the ways_vertices_pgr_id_seq used for?* I ask this because I need
to move the tables create by osm2pgrouting into their own schema.

. *Why aren't there any foreign keys?* I can see there are a number of
columns that make reference to other tables but no formal constraints are
created. Is this a bug?

. *Why isn't reverse cost equal to length for all rows?* Every time I import
an OSM dataset I have to run an UPDATE query with 'reverse_cost = length',
usually this is not the case for about 10% of the rows.

Thank you,

Luís