[pgrouting-users] Rev 2.0 Update -- Release is almost ready!

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 4 15:19:08 PDT 2013

Hi Julien,

It is wonderful that you are providing an overview of pgRouting at
FOSS4G2013.

For Rev 2.0, there are major changes. The basic concepts have not
changed in that you load your data into the database, create a pgRouting
topology, and issue SQL queries to get results.

The big changes are:

1. We have refactored all the commands so you have to look at the manual
to learn it or to upgrade

2. We refactored the source tree, integrated the docs with the source
tree and added tests for every command and every example in the manual.

Why did we do this? The product was getting out of hand with incremental
development, things were broken and inconsistent and in general suffered
from a lot of entropy over the years. This move was targeted at reviving
the project and positioning it to move forward with new features.

3. We added many new features, tools and extensive documentation.
http://imaptools.com:8081/pgr2-doc/dev/en/doc/index.html
     Topology Functions
         pgr_createTopology to create a topology based on the geometry.
         pgr_createVerticesTable -to reconstruct the vertices table
based on the source and target information.
         pgr_analyzeGraph - to analyze the edges and vertices of the
edge table.
         pgr_analyzeOneway to analyze directionality of the edges.
         pgr_nodeNetwork -to create nodes to a not noded edge table.
     Routing Functions
         pgr_apspJohnson - All Pairs Shortest Path, Johnson’s Algorithm
         pgr_apspWarshall - All Pairs Shortest Path, Floyd-Warshall
Algorithm
         pgr_astar - Shortest Path A*
         pgr_bdAstar - Bi-directional A* Shortest Path
         pgr_bdDijkstra - Bi-directional Dijkstra Shortest Path
         pgr_dijkstra - Shortest Path Dijkstra
         pgr_kDijkstra - Mutliple destination Shortest Path Dijkstra
         pgr_ksp - K-Shortest Path
         pgr_tsp - Traveling Sales Person
         pgr_trsp - Turn Restriction Shortest Path (TRSP)
     With Driving Distance Enabled
         pgr_drivingDistance - Driving Distance
         pgr_alphashape - Alpha shape computation
         pgr_pointsAsPolygon - Polygon around set of points
     Developers’s Functions
         pgr_getColumnName - to get the name of the column as is stored
in the postgres administration tables.
         pgr_getTableName - to retrieve the name of the table as is
stored in the postgres administration tables.
         pgr_isColumnIndexed - to check if the column is indexed.
         pgr_isColumnInTable - to check only for the existance of the
column.
         pgr_pointToId -to insert/get the id of the ineserted point in a
vertices table.
         pgr_quote_ident - to quotes the input text to be used as an
identifier in an SQL statement string.
         pgr_version - to get pgRouting’s version information.
         pgr_versionless - to compare two version numbers

Every function has an example and we supply sample data for all the
examples.

If you want help review this let me know or post it on the list and I'm
sure you will get some feedback and help.

Thanks,
   -Steve