[pgrouting-users] Matching edges with its raw GPS traces

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Apr 8 21:01:04 PDT 2014

Hi Raghavan,

Your GPS data contains a timestamp for each point, right?
So you could first import your points into a table and then make a
LineString from your points, ordered by time.

SELECT ST_MakeLine(pnt_geom) AS geom
    FROM gpstrack ORDER BY timestamp;

And then you could simplify your Linestring to make it look more straight.
That's also a PostGIS function: http://postgis.net/docs/ST_Simplify.html

Daniel

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 12:46 PM, Raghavan Krishnasamylakshmanaperumal <
rkrish20 at uic.edu> wrote:

> I have Runkeeper.com raw GPS traces . I used pgr_nodeNetwork and
> pgr_createTopology to create graph out of this data.
>
> If I want to match an activity(a user's running record) which has raw GPS
> traces with the edge formed out of it, is there any function in PGRouting
> which can help me to figure out this edge? If there are some edges missing
> due to threshold limits I am fine with it.
>
> To make it more clear let me also explain my question with a picture
> attached in this email, the black dots are gps traces of my running
> activity, then I used PGRouting to form a graph with this data(just an
> assumption). The green line is the edge corresponding to the black dotted
> gps traces. Now I need to find this green edge matching these black dots
> programmatically.
>
> So is there any library available in PGRouting which can help me to match
> these raw GPS traces to find its corresponding edge?
>

> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Raghavan KL

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan