[pgrouting-users] Facing issue on node creation

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Apr 21 13:05:22 PDT 2014

Hi Raghavan,

pgr_nodeNetwork is not intended for this purpose. It assumes you have a
series of street segments that might not be noded correctly and then
chops them into smaller segments that are noded where they cross one
another.

We do not have tools for building well structured street networks from
multiple GPS tracks. You have to convert the tracks to streets before
coming to pgRouting. Look at postGIS or OSM as they have tools that are
more appropriate to this task.

Thanks,
   -Steve