[pgrouting-users] pgr_apspjohnson algorithm

Helder Alves helderalvespt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 17:44:59 PST 2014

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your feedback... I'm applying the suggested fix and I'll let you
know if it doesn't work.

Regarding pgr_vrponedepot I was able to also make it work however I

guess I stumbled on several issues:

  * Depot open/close time seems to not be obeyed;

  * Traveltime also seems to not being considered between departure and

    arrival time every time;

One thing that may not be obvious is that times in pgr_vrponedepot are all
zero based on the depot open time. So depot open time should always be zero
and then are other time should be time units in the future from the open
time

I've checked these issues against Daniel's implementation on his blog post
@ http://blog.georepublic.info/2013/pgrouting-preview-the-new-vrp-solver/and
I got to the same conclusions, please check my notes below.

   1. Open a browser window on
   http://blog.georepublic.info/2013/pgrouting-preview-the-new-vrp-solver/URL
   2. Hit the "Sample Data" buttons for Vehicles, Depot and Orders, click
   "Start Scheduler" and when results are generated click "schedule view"
   3. Open a second browser window on
   http://blog.georepublic.info/2013/pgrouting-preview-the-new-vrp-solver/URL
   4. Hit the "Sample Data" buttons for Vehicles, Depot and Orders and
   change Depot to "0,0,300,465,0,139.7107020020485,37.671709126526395"
   5. Click "Start Scheduler" and when results are generated click
   "schedule view"
   6. Compare both schedule views and please note that both a) traveltime
   from/to depot as well as b) depot's open time is not being taken in
   consideration for arrival/departure time and optimization

Does my reasoning makes sense or I'm missing some detail here?

--
Helder Alves