[pgrouting-users] pgr_tsp() not working -- what I am missing?

René Fournier m5 at renefournier.com
Thu Jul 17 22:03:44 PDT 2014

So, after finally getting pgRouting installed (thanks guys for the tips), I’ve encountered my first problem. I’m trying to solve the travelling salesman problem with a number of locations, e.g.:

alba3=# SELECT id::integer, location_lng::float AS x, location_lat::float AS y FROM addresses where territory_id = 76 ORDER BY id;
   id   |      x      |     y
--------+-------------+-----------
    169 | -114.130995 | 51.039266
   1946 | -114.122258 | 51.026517
   2693 | -114.135513 | 51.031368
   3080 |  -114.12952 | 51.037816
   3601 | -114.138326 | 51.037731
   3819 | -114.135513 | 51.031326
   3831 | -114.128151 | 51.033531
   4001 | -114.139744 | 51.031526
   5918 | -114.134081 | 51.031903
  64222 | -114.122329 | 51.030329
  74248 |  -114.13445 | 51.025564
  99867 | -114.145568 | 51.033872
 104685 | -114.134065 | 51.036855
 131470 | -114.138351 | 51.036562
 131504 | -114.125255 | 51.031422
 231023 |  -114.12083 | 51.038339
 398043 | -114.125218 | 51.031422
 414612 | -114.122333 | 51.033205
 535239 | -114.145643 | 51.034149
(19 rows)

And then I use the function as documented:

alba3=# SELECT seq, id1, id2, round(cost::numeric, 2) AS cost
alba3-# FROM pgr_tsp
alba3-# ('SELECT id::integer, location_lng::float AS x, location_lat::float AS y FROM addresses where territory_id = 76 ORDER BY id', 1);
 seq | id1 | id2 | cost
(0 rows)

alba3=#

(And nothing.) Any ideas why?