[pgrouting-users] Isochronous

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Mar 18 10:45:10 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 2:32 AM, Valeria Muñoz <valemunoz at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI
>
> I need to develop a system to generate isochrones according to minutes,
> you can make this with postgis and how?
>
> Valeria

Hi Valeria,

The function "pgr_drivingDistance" returns all nodes that can be reached
from a start point within a certain "cost" (ie. time) and it also returns
the time need to get to each of these nodes:
http://docs.pgrouting.org/2.0/en/src/driving_distance/doc/dd_driving_distance.html#pgr-driving-distance

The function "pgr_pointsAsPolygon" then returns a polygon that includes a
set of points:
http://docs.pgrouting.org/2.0/en/src/driving_distance/doc/dd_points_as_polygon.html#pgr-points-as-polygon

The argument is a SQL statement, so if you need isochrones you could run it
for each isoline.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.info