[pgrouting-users] Install pgRouting with Homebrew

Ulrich Strötz uli at allryder.com
Mon Jan 5 07:49:56 PST 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to use pgrouting on OS X. I installed the following:

brew install postgres
brew install postgis
brew install pgrouting
When I try to create the extension pgrouting I get the following error:

ERROR:  could not open extension control file "/usr/local/Cellar/postgresql/9.4.0/share/postgresql/extension/pgrouting.control": No such file or directory
Also when I list all installed extensions I only get the following:

\dx
                                     List of installed extensions
  Name   | Version |   Schema   |                             Description
 plpgsql | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
 postgis | 2.1.5   | public     | PostGIS geometry, geography, and raster spatial types and functions
(2 rows)
How to I have to install pgrouting in order to use it? I am on OS X 10.10.1

Thanks,

Uli