[pgrouting-users] Is this a known problem with tools for solving it or am I on my own?

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Thu Aug 18 13:51:18 PDT 2016

Hello,
There is this nice site about TSP
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/tsp/index.html
this is interesting about the size of a problem:
http://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/tsp/problem/pcb3cnt.html

I don't know how your problem, but sound bigger  than 3000 nodes
I would break the problem on smaller problems

btw on the next rlease a new version of pgr_tsp will be available

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Greg Stark <stark at mit.edu> wrote:

> I have a set of points distributed throughout the 32 counties of
> Ireland. I want to to plot the quickest route that hits one of the
> points for each county.
>
> If I had only one point per county it would just be the traveling
> salesperson problem for a fairly trivial problem size. But having more
> than one point per county makes it a different problem I think and in
> fact that's where the numbers get large. I can pare down the points
> per county using other heuristics but the more I pare it down the more
> the path may be suboptimal so I don't want to exclude more points than
> I have to and there are thousands of points for most of the counties.
>
> Is there an existing tool that would do this or should I try to modify
> pg_tsp to handle this or is this a lost cause?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> greg

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)