[pgrouting-users] [pgrouting-dev] Release of pgRouting 2.3.0(Thanks and questions about stable proposed functions)

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Tue Sep 27 08:31:47 PDT 2016

Hi all:

the section:
http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/src/proposedNext.html#proposednext
are basically "stable" functions. plan is to have them "official" as part
of pgRouting on version 3.0
The major reason of not being official yet, is because I am planning to
family of functions based on pgr_aStar, pgr_bdDijkstra,
pgr_turnRestrictions etc (one to one, one to many, many to many, many to
one, DD, KSP, Cost(all flavours),  CostMatrix etc) and the "standard" for
the naming has not being yet decided.
Another reason, is the focus of the 2.x series is to fix all the bugs the
code has & to unify some of the "duplicated code".
Now, the reason to have them available, it gives the opportunity to people
to test, use & open tickets.

the section http://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/src/proposed.html#proposed
are "unstable", more unit tests and/or performance tests are needed for
pgr_contractGraph, pgr_labelGraph and the flow algorithms for example.
Hopefully for 2.4, pgr_contractGraph & flow algorithms will move to the
stable section.
Some other functions might be removed in 3.0 (like the "convinience" which
I think are "very front end focused" but more testing is to be done to
prove that statement)

In any case, issues on already rewritten functions and stable proposed
functions are taken care ASAP.

Vicky

eMail: vicky at georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info