[pgrouting-users] Bug in pgr_pointsasPolygon

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Feb 24 06:25:54 PST 2017

Hello Dave,

I must note that pgr_pointsAsPolygon calls pgr_alphaShape internally. So
you might be getting an alpha shape.
Might be confising giving the fact that you want a polygon not an alpha
shape.
The revision of both functions is still pending, that is: those have not
being rewritten to match the code's standards that its being implemented
during the 2.x series of pgRouting.
Can you post the found bug in github issues please. So when the rewrite is
done we don't forget to cover the issue.
On the mean time I will try to replicate with the file you sent

regards
Vicky

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 1:44 AM, Dave Potts <mrdapotts at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I may have found an issue with the pgr_pointsasPolygon function
>
> I have a collection off points,  I have assumed that the
> pgr_pointsasPolygon would draw a bounding polygon around all the points.
>
> What seems to happen is that I get two very small polygon generated
>
> Example as follows
>
> insert into bug_output(the_geom) select st_setsrid(the_geom,3857)  from
> pgr_pointsasPolygon('select id, st_x(the_geom) as x, st_y(the_geom) as y
> from bug_input',0) as the_geom ;
> Two small polygons generated
>
> I try the following
> insert into bug_output(the_geom) select st_multi((st_convexhull(st_collect(the_geom))))
> from bug_input;
>
> I get only large bounding polygon
>
> I have checked the results with qgis
>
> IF I have made a mistake please tell me