[pgrouting-users] Possible documentation error

Dave Potts mrdapotts at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 13:12:58 PDT 2017

Hi List

Sorry if this is wrong but in pgRoutingDocumentation-2.3.2.pdf page 16

There is a reference to a edge table

I think a column is missing from_cost

This assumes that to_cost isthe cost off getting from source to target,
then from cost is the cost of going the other way

It might also help me to populate this table if I knew what then columns
were,  I can make an educated guess, but I would like tosee it

I have assumed
cost_len       is the length ofthe ling between source and target
cost_time     is the time it takes to get between the source and the target

The rcost_len and rcost_time are the values for the reverse journey

x1/y1is the location of source
x2/y2 is the location of the target

I have no clue what rule and isolated should be set to

When it comes to analysing a graph is very useful to know that you can say
SELECT
pgr_analyzegraph('concl_edge_table',0.00005,source:='source_port_id',target:='target_port_id',the_geom:='port_geom');

Just incase your source and target colums are not called source or target,
ditto the_geom fieldneeds to be documented in the edge_table

regards

Dave.