[pgrouting-users] Possible documentation error

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Oct 17 18:16:08 PDT 2017

Hi Dave,

The PDF source is a bit difficult to follow.
Do you mean the following chapter of the documentation?
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/doc/src/pgRouting-concepts.rst

Can you see, if the issue you mention has changed with a more recent
version of the documentation?
(The link above is the most recent version)

Best regards,
Daniel

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:12 AM, Dave Potts <mrdapotts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List
>
> Sorry if this is wrong but in pgRoutingDocumentation-2.3.2.pdf page 16
>
> There is a reference to a edge table
>
> I think a column is missing from_cost
>
> This assumes that to_cost isthe cost off getting from source to target,
> then from cost is the cost of going the other way
>
> It might also help me to populate this table if I knew what then columns
> were,  I can make an educated guess, but I would like tosee it
>
> I have assumed
> cost_len       is the length ofthe ling between source and target
> cost_time     is the time it takes to get between the source and the target
>
> The rcost_len and rcost_time are the values for the reverse journey
>
> x1/y1is the location of source
> x2/y2 is the location of the target
>
> I have no clue what rule and isolated should be set to
>
> When it comes to analysing a graph is very useful to know that you can say
> SELECT  pgr_analyzegraph('concl_edge_table',0.00005,source:='
> source_port_id',target:='target_port_id',the_geom:='port_geom');
>
> Just incase your source and target colums are not called source or
> target,  ditto the_geom fieldneeds to be documented in the edge_table
>
> regards
>
> Dave.

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de