[pgrouting-users] Housenumbers as multiple stops route with Pgrouting

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Dec 8 01:31:06 PST 2020

Hi Matteo,

Your use case looks a bit like garbage collection.
There exists a new function to solve the Chinese Postman Problem:
https://docs.pgrouting.org/latest/en/chinesePostmanProblem-family.html
But it doesn't consider capacity constraints.

With some funding it might be possible to implement such a function.
There are other things that can make such a use case more complicated, for
example stop points need to be accessed from a certain side of the road,
ie. because loading can be done only on the left or right side.

One remark regarding your data: it seems that you have a lot of stop points
along each road segment.
It might simplify your problem, if you can allocate all points to a street
segment and handle all stop points of that segment or none of them.

Best regards,
Daniel