[pgrouting-users] osm_relations table does not get populated

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 03:45:26 PDT 2023

> 1. It seems that by default osm2pgrouting will only store those
osm_relations that are related to routes and that contain "highway"-tagged
ways, is this correct?

In my opinion, yes. (But please note that I'm just a user.)

> 2. Is it possible to edit mapconfig.xml to include other, non-highway
relations?

check the
https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting/blob/main/mapconfig_for_bicycles.xml
- cycleway
- cycleway:right
- cycleway:left
- tracktype
- highway

If you want to include non-route related data, such as Points of Interest
(POIs), borders, and so on, I recommend using https://osm2pgsql.org/.
This tool can also be a useful way to verify the functioning of the
osm2pgrouting program.

If you're finding that a route is present in the osm2pgsql tables but not
in the osm2pgrouting ones, it's likely that you need to adjust the
configuration.
There can be a wide variety of 'highway=' values, as OSM editors can use
any key-value pair.
You can see a list of these values at
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/highway#values.

Sometimes, an extract might not contain all parts of an extremely long
relation, which means it won't be imported.
In such cases, osm2pgsql also won't import it. This situation can help you
identify potential data issues.

Be aware that there's a known issue with osm2pgrouting ;
If you're using it, consider increasing the value of the "--chunk"
parameter.   ( --chunk 10000000 )
https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting/issues/296

Regards,
  Imre

Tokura Gou <tokura.gou at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. jún. 5., H,
11:20):

> Hello Imre,
>
> Thanks for your comment.
>
> I will test with another data set.
>
> Meanwhile, may I ask:
>
> 1. It seems that by default osm2pgrouting will only store those
> osm_relations that are related to routes and that contain "highway"-tagged
> ways, is this correct?
> 2. Is it possible to edit mapconfig.xml to include other, non-highway
> relations?
>

> Thank you.
>
> On Sun, Jun 4, 2023 at 4:21 PM Imre Samu <pella.samu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> In the data file you've provided, named
>> 'haywards-heath-uk-small-extract.txt',
>> there are 8 OpenStreetMap (OSM) relation objects [2]
>> that are marked as either 'boundary=*' or 'landuse=residential'.
>> It appears that none of these are related to routes or are included in
>> the 'mapconfig.xml' [1] file.
>>
>> Could you please specify which OSM relation you're missing from your
>> table?
>>
>> Could you also test it with another input data set?  Specifically, one
>> that includes a 'highway=*' osm relation in the extract.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting/blob/main/mapconfig.xml
>> [2] osmium cat haywards-heath-uk-small-extract.osm.xml -t relation  -f
>> opl | cut -d' ' -f8
>> [3] https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/highway#overview
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Imre
>>

>> Tokura Gou <tokura.gou at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. jún. 3., Szo,
>> 19:11):
>>
>>> Hello Vicky and thanks for your response,
>>>
>>> Maybe due to formatting issues the data and the command were not visible.
>>>

>>> 1. Data:
>>> https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting/files/11598959/haywards-heath-uk-small-extract.txt
>>> 2. Exact command: osm2pgrouting -f home/map.osm -c