[osgeo-ph] OSGeo booth in PhilGEOS Symposium

RK rk.aranas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:13:39 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM, maning sambale
<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear everyone,
>
> We were given a booth in the exhibit hall of the PhilGEOS Symposium
> this coming Nov 23-24.  Please share your ideas on what we should
> install in the booth.
> What I have in mind is to use the exhibition pack fund provided by the
> OSGeo Marketing committee [1].  If there is anybody in the group who
> is willing to share the load in the preparation and manning the booth,
> let me know.
>
> Thanks!

I'm willing to help with manning the booth. What about the preparation?
What does it entail?

As for the booth, I think it would be nice kung may demo/kiosk tayo ng
OSGeo Live 6 na DVD. To show what open source tools are capable of. CD/DVDs
din seguro? We should be able to burn DVDs for interested people. Or at
least make live USBs for them.

> [0] http://philgeos2012.wordpress.com/
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au2WZQ1DwK_xdE83RER6RF9wZW9vQ3ZnX0FKMHNQLVE
> --
> cheers,
> maning

Romer Kristi D. Aranas
Graduate Student
Master of Science in Geomatics Engineering
Department of Geodetic Engineering
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City