[Portugal] Artigo de opinião "Something for Nothing"

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:22:11 EST 2010

> Já conhecem o artigo de opinião, de RJ Zimmer, intitulado de
>

> Qual a vossa opinião?

http://freegeographytools.com/2010/a-terrible-review-of-free-gis-options?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreeGeographyTools+%28Free+Geography+Tools%29

http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=151

O editor já foi questionado, e reencaminhou a resposta do autor, a qual
obviamente seguiu outra por parte do PSC do QGIS

> My opinion? I have none. I'm a surveyor and for the past 15 years, a
> magazine editor. I rely on surveyor/authors like Rj, especially when
> it comes to GIS. Did I answer your question?

Not. Very strange that an editor has no opinion on a critique + reply to
an article he edited.

Specifically:
"I stand by my opinion": the author did not put forward an opinion, he
just wrote without bothering to get any information.

"what I like and what I don't like": are we talking about cuisine, or
software? How taste can have a relevance without looking at the software
itself?

"my findings": which findings?

"they would have contacted me directly to find out why my experience
with their software was not a good one": I am fond of critiques, but the
lazy and arrogant author did not even *tried* the software (and he
admitted it).