[Portugal] SpatiaLite 4.0 Released

Hugo Martins hfpmartins gmail.com
Sábado, 1 de Dezembro de 2012 - 16:32:40 PST

  Sent to you by Hugo Martins via Google Reader: SpatiaLite 4.0 Released
via Slashgeo.org by Satri on 11/30/12

Via Ecostudies I learned that SpatiaLite 4.0.0 has just been released.

Here's the warning and relevant changes related to switching to
4.0: "SpatiaLite Version 4.0.0 introduces several relevant changes;
many of these may potentially pose severe cross-version compatibility
issues. Accordingly to the above premise, a good comprehension of any
related detail will surely allow you to successfully master and resolve
any transition issue." A reminder, "SpatiaLite is an open source
library intended to extend the SQLite core to support fully fledged
Spatial SQL capabilities. SQLite is intrinsically simple and
lightweight [...]"

See also this related 2010 discussion (read the comments) on
SpatiaLite, the Shapefile of the Future? Of course, we mentioned
SpatiaLite several other times.

Google Plus One
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Slashgeo.org using Google Reader
favorite sites