[Portugal] ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award for Open Geospatial Science

Artur Gil arturgil gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 17 de Setembro de 2014 - 04:10:43 PDT

Dear All,

The Big 3 of the Geospatial World (the International Cartographic
Association, Open Source Geospatial Foundation  and  International Society
for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing)  have joined forces in our common
aim to make geospatial education and opportunities available for all.

>From 2015, we have decided to award *ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award for Open
Geospatial Science* at key conferences to students doing excellent research
in this area. We have also set up a committee for this.

•         Prof. Georg Gartner (President, ICA)
•         Mr. Jeff McKenna (President, OSGeo)
•         Prof. Chen Jun (President, ISPRS)
•         Prof. Charlie Schweik (University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA)
•         Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli (Politecnico di Milano, Italy)
•         Dr. Xinyue Ye (Kent State University, USA)
•         Dr. Luciene Delazari (Federal University of Paraná, Brazil)
•         Dr. Tuong-Thuy Vu (UNMC, Malaysia)
•         Prof. Venkatesh Raghavan (Osaka City University, Japan)
•         Prof. Ivana Ivánová (FCT/UNESP, Brazil)
•         Mr. Jeroen Ticheler (GeoCat)
•         Dr. Serena Coetzee (University of Pretoria, South Africa)
•         Prof. Helena Mitasova (North Carolina State University, USA )
•         Dr. Suchith Anand (University of Nottingham, UK)

Professor Maria Brovelli is organising FOSS4G-Europe 2015 in Como, Italy
(July 2015) and will be running the third edition of the very successful *NASA
World Wind Europa Challenge*. The aim of this challenge is to inspire ideas
for building great applications that serves the INSPIRE Directive and uses
NASA’s open source virtual globe technology World Wind. Details at
http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/

So the inaugural ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award for Open Geospatial Science will be
for the best student winning team at this competition.

We will now  plan ideas for FOSS4G 2015 (South Korea) and ICC 2015 (Brazil)
and also ISPRS conferences.

We thank GeoCat for their support for the ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Award initiative
and welcome more sponsors to join us, so we can extend this. We also
request the wider community for new ideas to extend this.

Best wishes,

Suchith

Dr Suchith Anand
Nottingham Geospatial Institute
Nottingham Geospatial Building
University of Nottingham  NG7 2 TU
Tel: (0)115 82 32750
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/engineering/people/suchith.anand

*Be part of   "Geo for All" <http://www.geoforall.org/> *

*Special Issue "Open Geospatial Science and Applications"
<http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/science-applications>*

Leading Open Geospatial Science through “Geo for All”

Mission - Building up Open Source, Open Standards, Open Data research for
bridging the digital divide