[postgis-devel] automatic BVOL on spatial columns

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Dec 27 19:50:39 PST 2004

I am loath to load more functionality in AddGeometryColumn, because I
really really want to make it go away in the long term. I think it's a
bit of nastiness.

How about a somewhat larger hammer? How about having bboxes for
anything that is not a point and that has more than 4 vertices? or 8?
something like that? Just a single rule, some compile-time defines for
the bold, and leave it there?

P.