[postgis-devel] Re: [postgis-users] pgsql2shp - problems

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nlh.no
Mon Feb 9 09:15:06 PST 2004

strk wrote:
> havard.tveite wrote:
>
>>I have seen that BYTE_ORDER is defined wrong, but where is this value
>>set?
>

> On my system it's in /usr/include/endian.h

This does not seem to be a PostGIS issue.
I found that BYTE_ORDER is defined in
src/include/port/solaris.h in PostgreSQL source directory.
The postgresql configure finds out that it is a sparc solaris
architecture, so I don't know what can be the problem.

configure:1296: checking build system type
configure:1314: result: sparc-sun-solaris2.6
configure:1322: checking host system type
configure:1336: result: sparc-sun-solaris2.6
configure:1346: checking which template to use
configure:1446: result: solaris

I guess I will have to search elsewhere. Thank you for all your
help. Now I know a bit more...